2Q22 U.S. Diverse Fundraising Insights Report
by Harlem Capital
By Nicole DeTommaso
Our 2Q22 U.S. Diverse Fundraising Insights Report tracks the # and $ volume of capital raised by diverse founders across funding stages. We utilized Crunchbase’s Diversity Spotlight data as the source for our findings.
Here are some meaningful insights we found:
1) 2Q22 saw 380 diverse fundraises totaling $7.9 billion of capital raised
2) Black & Latino founders made up 20% of the number of 2Q22 diverse deals, and 22% of diverse deal volume
3) Women founders made up 81% of the number of 2Q22 diverse deals and 76% of diverse deal volume
4) The dollar volume of diverse fundraises declined 18% from 2Q21 to 2Q22, with Black & Latino fundraising volume declining by 27%
5) The number of diverse fundraises has also declined, reaching its lowest deal count since 2020
From this quarterly update, you can see the market has clearly shifted. The # & $ volume of diverse deals has slowed across the board but it appears that Black & Latino founders are being affected the most. We urge VCs to continue to deploy capital to diverse founders, especially in these more challenging times.
Check out the full report here.